Are you thinking of starting your eCommerce website on WordPress with WooCommerce? Then, you should consider the best WooCommerce hosting providers for your online store.
There is more to hosting your online store. You also need to choose a good WooCommerce hosting provider. This will determine how your online store will perform.
We are so sure that you need an online store that will serve its expected purpose and won’t have long downtime. That is why we will be talking about the best WooCommerce hosting providers on this post.
But in case you are in new to some terminologies on web design or development, you might ask questions such as:
- What is hosting?
- Who is a hosting provider?
- What is a domain name?
I don’t know if you are already familiar with those terms aligned above. Let talk about what they mean for reference purpose.
What is Hosting?
A web hosting is an internet service that enables one’s site to be accessible through the world wide web. Its main purpose is to serve as memory storage for your files and data.
To get understand this, we can say:
A web host makes it possible to upload your content. This may include texts, audios, videos, pdf, photos, and other files). Without hosting, free or paid, it is impossible to get your website accessible or seen on the internet.
Almost all CMS platforms allow you to buy your own hosting for your website. That is why you should be careful when choosing WooCommerce hosting providers available.
Who is a Hosting Provider?
A hosting provider is a company that provides hosting services. Hosting companies provide the technology needed to get your website online and running.
What is a Domain Name?
It is an identification string used in URL to identify a particular website. As simple as that! But you shouldn’t confuse hosting to be a domain name.
If you are thinking of launching your next eCommerce store using WooCommerce, then you need both hosting and domain name.
In fact, a domain name is like a name or address of your house while a web hosting is like your house.
I believe you have gotten those basic terms? Now, let talk about why you are here – WooCommerce and best WooCommerce hosting providers.
Quick Introduction to WooCommerce Platform
From WordPress comes the almighty WooCommerce which is now used by many entrepreneurs like you in setting up their online store. This is one of the popular eCommerce setup platforms with many customizations and features.
Although, Shopify, is another eCommerce platform that is popular as WooCommerce. Unlike WooCommerce and other CMS, Shopify isn’t independent.
This is what I mean
But you may still be asking…..
Why Should I Choose WooCommerce For My Online Store?
As said in our Shopify Dropingshipping Vs Woocommerce Dropshipping post, setting up and maintaining an online store could be one hell of a task. No matter which of the provider you use, it is quite stressful to set up everything on your own especially if you can’t write any programming language.
WooCommerce on WordPress has made everything easier and automated for anyone to set up a beautiful and professional eCommerce website ranging from installing themes, adding products, payment options and even choosing your preferred hosting provider.
This is where WooCommerce comes in, they simplify the process of getting your online store up and running, and then, provide a proper system where you can manage your store.
In short, below are the pros (benefits) and cons (disadvantages) of choosing WooCommerce.
PROs of WooCommerce
Themes —The volume of themes at your disposal when using WooCommerce is quite large. There are also theme developers which provide WooCommerce supported themes. One of such theme developers we recommend is Themeforest.
Good SEO — What good is an eCommerce store without good SEO? It is a necessity which WooCommerce offers to its customers.
Variety of Payment Options — With WooCommerce comes many payment options for your which you can integrate to your store. Some of which are PayPal, Stripe, Amazon Pay, Authorize.net, PayFast, Square, SagePay and many more.
Easy to Set Up And Maintain – There is a huge support for new and existing customers on setting up and maintenance.
CONs of WooCommerce
Relatively expensive — Setting up for the first time is actually free, but as you keep adding templates and themes, the cost keeps rising.
Poor Customer Support — You may face some challenges setting up your store and may require urgent help. You don’t get this with WooCommerce — there isn’t a dedicated support service.
But there are solutions to these CONs.
First, there are cheap and reliable hosting packages which will be okay for you as startup and second, you can get help from dedicated forums like StackOverflow, popular blogs like WPbeginner and so on.
With this basic foundation out of the way, we can now take a look at the top best WooCommerce hosting providers.
Recommended reading: How To Start An Online Store (Step-By-Step Guide)
Best Woocommerce Hosting Providers (for Beginners and Pros)
Bluehost is officially recommended as one of the hosting partners for WooCommerce. We will say by default, they are the top best WooCommerce hosting provider.
Bluehost is used by many WooCommerce owners not just because it is recommended, but for their quality of service.
It comes with unlimited disk storage, free domain name (for one year), site stats, cPanel, unlimited domain hosting, various eCommerce features and many more.
These features vary according to plan, they have got VPS hosting, shared hosting and dedicated hosting plans.
Bluehost WooCommerce Hosting Plans and Pricing
- Starter – $6.95/month: This package includes 1 online store, 100 GB SSD, storage, storefront theme installed, free SSL, domain privacy, etc.
- Plus – $8.95/month: This package includes started + unlimited online stores, unmetered SSD storage, CodeGuard backup basic, etc.
- Pro – $12.95/mo: This package includes plus + Bluehost SEO tools start, etc.
NOTE: The prices above are the conventional price, new customers get discounted price across all plans. There is also a 30-days free trial for WooCommerce.
WP Engine is another wonderful best WooCommerce hosting provider which you could use in hosting your eCommerce site. WP Engine has a WordPress plugin that provides awesome support for your WooCommerce site. Although, it is not made publicly available.
This is one of the best WooCommerce hosting provider and for all WordPress powered sites. They have got one of the best cloud encryption for securing all your files.
With WP Engine comes with four plans you can choose from — Start up, Growth, Scale and Custom.
The plans start at $30 monthly for the least plan to $290 per month for the highest level. There is no support for unlimited sites which some may not like when the price is placed side by side with other providers with similar or a less expensive price.
Liquid Web comes with a lot of handy features which gives you the most out of your WooCommerce store. Some of these include faster load time with the latest server technology.
Liquid Web Managed WooCommerce hosting is powered by Nexcess, a WordPress platform to get faster performance and flexibility, plus auto-scaling and email.
Ability to view abandoned carts and a possibility to carry out a performance test on a regular basis.
Most eCommerce store holders stick to Liquid Web because of its speed and this is due to the fact that they have dedicated servers which provides great performance for your site(s).
In addition to these awesome features, they have got good customer support which is available 24/7.
These are some reasons why Liquid Web is listed among the best WooCommerce hosting providers.
Liquid web WooCommerce Hosting Plans & pricing
- Starter: $19/month – 1 store, 30 GB storage, 3 TB bandwidth, max 500 orders per hour, 10 Premium Features.
- Creator: $99/month – Up to 3 stores, 60 GB storage, 5 TB bandwidth, max 1,000 orders per hour, 14 premium features, beaver builder included, iconic WP included.
- Standard: $299/month – Up to 10 stores, 300 GB storage, 5 TB bandwidth, max 3,000 orders per hour, 19 premium features, beaver builder included, iconic WP included, dropshipping via ShopMaster included, marketplace via DokanPro included, Jilt Pro included.
- Growth: $549/month – Up to 20 stores, 500 GB storage, 10 TB bandwidth, max 5,000 orders per hour, 21 premium features, beaver builder included, iconic WP included, dropshipping via ShopMaster included, marketplace via DokanPro included, Jilt Pro included, Glew.io included.
- Enterprise: $999/month – Up to 30 stores, 800 GB storage, 10 TB bandwidth, max 10,000 orders per hour, 22 premium features, beaver builder included, iconic WP included, dropshipping via ShopMaster included, marketplace via DokanPro included, Jilt Pro included, Glew.io included, ElasticSearch included.
A2 Hosting is among one of the top best WooCommerce hosting providers. A2 promises more speed with its powerful servers. Speed, as you should know, is important for any eCommerce website.
Your customers don’t want to get stuck viewing a particular page — so you may lose not them over time.
A2 Hosting Woocommerce Hosting Plans and Pricing
There are four plans on offer; Lite, Swift, Turbo and Managed.
- Lite plan offers a site, unlimited storage, and transfer, five databases, free SSL and SSD with much more at $96 per month.
- Swift is an upgrade of Lite with unlimited storage, websites, and databases. All of these will cost you $3.70 monthly.
- Turbo which is similar to swift provide a faster surfing experience with a price of $7.03 monthly.
- Managed plans give you an all-round performance and also gives you a Jetpack license. It cost $11.99 per month.
SiteGround is also among the best WooCommerce hosting providers. SiteGround comes with nifty features to power your eCommerce website. It is quite easy to set up, regular updates and server-side security are provided. Speed is also assured with their high quality and optimized servers.
Support is also great with a 24/7 ticket, chat or phone medium for resolving issues.
All hosting services come with free SSL certificate — for optimum security, developer toolkit, daily backup of your files, staging tool — for editing your sites and unlimited email accounts.
There are three Siteground Woocommerce hosting & pricing
- Start Up – $3.95/mo: Which includes 1 Website, 10 GB Web Space, 10,000 visits per month and essential WordPress features.
- GrowBig – $5.95: Which includes unlimited websites, 20 GB web space, 25,000 visits monthly, essential WordPress features and premium WordPress features.
- GoGeek – $11.95/mo which includes unlimited websites, 30 GB web space, 100,000 visits Monthly, essential WordPress features, premium WordPress features, and geeky WordPress features.
HostGator is another best WooCommerce hosting provider that has been in the business for some time now.
They are a multi-award winning hosting provider, they have achieved these through the continuous provision of quality services for all customers. Features like 99.99% uptime, 24/7 support and you can also get a 45 days money-back guarantee.
With a monthly payment of $2.75, you can get your eCommerce store up and running with various hosting services like VPS, windows, WordPress, dedicated, cloud hosting and many more.
Hostgator WooCommerce hosting plan & pricing
- Starter ($7.96 per month): This plan includes 1 website and up to 25,000 visits per month.
- Standard ($9.56 per month): The standard plan will host up to two websites and supports up to 200,000 combined visits per month.
- Business ($14.36 per month): This plan is suitable for established big eCommerce sites. It can be used to host as many as three websites and can handle up to 500,000 visitors per month.
It is pretty easy to get your site live with HostGator, good support and a user-friendly platform make it all possible.
Rounding Off on the Best Woocommerce Hosting Providers
WooCommerce is an excellent platform for eCommerce store owners with many features, good SEO, many themes, and many more cool features that make creating your store quite easy.
All these you get by default but what you don’t get is a reliable web hosting!
There are many hosting providers out there but the listed above provides a brief preview of most trusted, affordable and reliable ones.
Note again that choosing any of the listed WooCommerce hosting providers in this post as a first time customer will be appreciated and welcomed with a one-time impressive discount.
Now over to you
Which one do you prefer, or which of them will you like to use?
Kindly let us know in the comments section and don’t forget to share this blog post with your friends by clicking on the social media icons below.
Recommended reading: WooCart Hosting Review: Best For WooCommerce Hosting